Monday, February 1, 2010

1st blog!

Welcome to my blog! Over the course of the next year, I will be setting off on the adventure of a lifetime! I will be teaching at Korea Poly School (Gwanak Campus) in Seoul and living in this massive, and technologically advanced city. I will try and update this blog at least once a week while Im in Korea and will detail things Ive learned, trips Ive taken, friend Ive made, and so much more! I will also create a 2nd blog that will deal solely with my classroom and my teaching strategies. Be sure to check out both and I will post the link to that blog as soon as I create it.

I wanted to add a couple websites that I am currently using to learn the Korean alphabet (Hangueul), culture, and other useful things. I hope you enjoy and check back frequently to see what kind of crazy shenanigans and adventures I get myself into!

Korean Alphabet and background of the Korean language. This site has many other useful links as well.

My School! Korea Poly School (Gwanak Campus)

Teach ESL Korea: This site is where I began my application and search process to land a job in Korea. It has many helpful hints on Korean culture and things to see/do while in this beautiful country.

Daves ESL Cafe: Has a ton of amazing resources for teachers, students, and anyone else! Check it out!

This site is very informative about the Korean cuisine. I hope to try many of the foods that can be found here.

- Matthew

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Matt!!! I look forward to reading your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete